PSU admission through GATE
PSU applications through the GATE exam are high in demand. PSUs offer employment through GATE score on various posts for which notifications are released individually by every PSU. Through PSU recruitment through GATE, candidates have to use their valid GATE exam scores to be shortlisted for the job. While most of the companies offer direct recruitment on the basis of GATE score, some also conduct additional tests, interviews or group discussions.
Now the thing one may consider is that going to a PSU is only possible when you have a high GATE score.
Additional things to know about PSU recruitment through GATE
- You need a fresh GATE score to get through PSUs. GATE score is not valid for 3 years.
- Recruitment depends on the type of PSU. For example, BSNL doesn't conduct any interview for BSNL JTO while NTPC conducts another test apart from GATE to recruit candidates.
- Some PSUs also conduct additional interviews and group discussion rounds for the recruitment of the candidates.
Eligibility Criteria for PSU Recruitment through GATE –
A valid GATE score is required mostly but PSUs may sometimes specify other eligibility criteria such as the passing percentage/CGPA during graduation, a medical certificate to signify fitness, age limit, etc.
Note: Only Indian citizens are eligible for PSU recruitment through GATE.
List of PSU undertaking through GATE
- GAIL INDIA LIMITED
- INDIAN OIL
- DELHI DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY (DDA)
- MAHARASHTRA STATE ELECTRICITY TRANSMISSION CO. LTD.
- POWER SYSTEM CORPORATION LTD. (POSOCO)
- POWER SYSTEM OPERATION CORPORATION LTD.
- PUNJAB STATE POWER CORPORATION LTD (PSPCL)
- PUNJAB STATE TRANSMISSION CORPORATION LTD.
- WEST BENGAL STATE ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION COMPANY LTD.
- DEFENSE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION
- HINDUSTAN PETROLEUM CORPORATION LTD.
PSUs have been classified under 3 categories:
Maharatna is the status given to top public sector undertakings where the companies have the accessibility to make foreign investments of up to Rs 5,000 crores without seeking any Government approval.
Navratna is a status given to the PSUs by the Department of Public Enterprises. A company must obtain a score of 60 out of 100 to be deemed as a Navratna. The Navratna status gives privileges to enhance financial and operational autonomy and authorizes the company to invest up to Rs. 1000 crores or 15% equal to their net worth on a single project without seeking any Government approval.
Miniratnas can generally afford less extensive financial autonomy. The Miniratna Category - I companies are allowed to invest up to Rs 500 crore or equal to their net worth, whichever is lower out of both, and Miniratna Category - II companies can invest up to Rs 300 crore or up to 50 percent equal to their net worth, again whichever is lower out of both.
Benefits of being in a PSU
will enjoy job security like any other government employee.
are many allowances as per your post in PSUs, such as travel expenses,
medical facilities, etc.
are different monetary benefits of working at a PSU, such as
performance-based incentives, retirement benefits, easy to get loans, etc.
hikes and promotions.