PSU means Public Sector Undertaking or Public Sector Enterprise are owned by the central government or one or more than one territorial or state government.
PSU Admission through GATE 2020
PSU applications through the GATE exam are just increasing just by a year. Now the one thing one may consider is that going to a PSU is only possible when you have a high GATE score. Getting a good GATE score would get you a great PSU.
Different PSUs across India
Here are the different PSUs present in the country:
Things you should know about PSU recruitment through GATE 2020
- First of all, the GATE score for the PSUs, would not be valid for 3 years. You would have to give the fresh GATE exam to get through PSUs.
- GATE scores are also used to direct recruit the candidate for the PSU.
- The recruitment is also dependent on the type of PSU. For example, BSNL doesn't conduct any interview for recruiting the BSNL JTO. Meanwhile when it comes to NTPC, conducts another test after the GATE exam to recruit the candidates.
- Some PSUs, also conducts the interviews after the successful passing the Cut-off defined.
- Some PSUs also conduct the GD round for the recruitment of the candidates.
Types of PSUs
PSUs have been classified under 3 categories:
Eligibility Criterion for the PSU Recruitment 2019
To get selected in PSU, there should be a valid GATE score, age limit, medical certificate, and only Indian nationality candidates are eligible for the PSU recruitment. People who have color blindness are not eligible for the GATE exam.