The candidate wants to become an officer in Indian Armed forces through SSB Interview needs to clear any of the following exams.
- Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS)
- Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT)
- National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (NDA & NA Exam)
The applicant needs to be a graduate in order to appear for the CDS or AFCAT. Whereas, candidates can appear for the NDA & NA exam after passing class 12th.
The SSB Interview Process consists of two stages i.e. Stage I and Stage II.
- In this stage, Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) test will be conducted followed by a Picture perception & Description Test (PPDT).
- These rounds will take place on the first day itself and the candidates who will fail to clear this stage will not be allowed to participate in the further rounds of the interview.
- The candidate who will clear the Stage 1 will be allowed to participate in this stage.
- This stage will be concluded in 4 to 5 days.
- Tests to be conducted in this stage are Psychology Tests, Group Testing Officer Tasks, conference etc.
PILOT APTITUDE BATTERY TEST
During SSB Interview 2020, the pilot aptitude Battery Test (PABT) will also be conducted for the candidates hoping to join Indian Air Force. Please note the PABT is a once in a lifetime exam. If candidate gets rejected, he will not be able to appear for this exam in his lifespan.
The PABT will be including the following tests:
- Written Assessment or Instrument Reading
- Drum Test(DT) or Control of Velocity Test(CVT)
- The Light Control Test (LCT) or Sensory Motor Apparatus
A candidate needs to carry the following documents while appearing for the SSB Interview 2020.
- SSB Call Letter.
- Mark sheet and certificate of 10th and 12th.
- Mark sheet and certificate of Graduation (if applicable)
- Identity Proof
- NOC Certificate (For candidates currently working in PSU or govt. organization)
- Original copy of tickets (if eligible for travel allowance)
- Risk certificate duly signed by parent/guardian (for minor candidates)
- A minimum of 20 passport size photograph.