Slide 1
Find the best coaching institute
More Search Options

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)

Updated: Nov 29, 2022

We are Happy To Help!

Fill in the Form and We will Contact You!

GATE 2023 Eligibility Criteria

Students in the final year of bachelors program or graduates in Engineering, Architecture or Technology and Students in the final year of a Masters Course or Post Graduates in Science, Math, Statistics, and Computer Applications are eligible to appear for the GATE exam 2023. Or candidates in his second or higher year of Four-year integrated master's degree programs (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/ Technology. Students in the fourth or higher year of Five-year integrated master's degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering/Technology. Students with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE.


To mention GATE 2023 happens for every Engineering field for following:


  • Geomatics Engineering
  • Statistics
  • Humanities and Social Sciences
  • Life Sciences
  • Engineering Sciences
  • Textile Engineering and Fiber Science
  • Production and Industrial Engineering
  • Physics
  • Petroleum Engineering
  • Metallurgical Engineering
  • Mining Engineering
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Mathematics
  • Instrumentation Engineering
  • Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
  • Geology and Geophysics
  • Ecology and Evolution
  • Engineering Science and Engineering
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Electronics and Communication Engineering
  • Chemistry
  • Computer¬†Science and Information Technology¬†
  • Chemical Engineering
  • Civil Engineering
  • Biotechnology
  • Biomedical
  • Architecture and Planning
  • Agricultural Engineering
  • Aerospace Engineering

GATE Exam Schedule 2023

GATE exam 2023 is conducted once a year usually within the first week of February in two-time slots- morning and evening.

GATE Exam Pattern 2023

GATE exam 2023 comprises of total 65 questions (100 marks weightage) and is of 3hours duration. The exam for all the papers is carried out in an online Computer Based Test (CBT) mode where the candidates are shown the questions in a random sequence on a computer screen. The questions consist of both multiple choice questions (MCQs) and numerical answer type questions.

In the papers with the following codes- AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME,MN, MT, PE, PI, TF and XE, the questions dedicated to Engineering Mathematics carries 15% of the total marks, the General Aptitude questions form 15%of the total marks and the remaining 70% percent of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper you are appearing for. Papers with the codes AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL, the General Aptitude section carries 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks is again devoted to the particular subject you are appearing for.

GATE Exam Syllabus 2023

GATE exam 2023 is conducted in a total of 23 disciplines ranging from Geology and Geophysics, Mathematics, Engineering Sciences (Chemical, Aerospace, Civil, Electrical, etc.) to Life Sciences (Bio-Chemistry, Botany, Microbiology, Zoology, etc.) Each subject's test contains 10 questions that test the "general aptitude" (language and analytic skills), apart from the core subject of the discipline. The candidates have to opt for any one discipline for the exam. The syllabus for each GATE exam 2023 subject is different and tends to change every year.

https://gate.iitk.ac.in/gate_syllabus.html

Please click the link above to check the Syllabus of GATE 2023 according to your stream

GATE Exam Results 2023

The results of the GATE 2023 exam are announced soon after on the official GATE exam 2023 website and the scorecard can be downloaded too.

The exam Results are expected to be within one month of the commencement of the GATE exam 2023. You can check it on the following link:


https://gate.iitk.ac.in/index.html

GATE 2023 Future Prospects

The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has introduced the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) to allow GATE 2023-qualified engineering graduates and GPAT-qualified pharmaceutical graduates to pursue research through suitable Ph.D. programs at CSIR laboratories. The scholarship amount is Rs.25,000 per month for qualified students who pursue research in their respective disciplines. The total duration of the fellowship is 5 years, within which the student is expected to complete the Ph.D. degree. Public sector undertakings (PSUs) in India have decided that a GATE 2023 scorecard shall be the primary criteria for initial shortlisting of candidates for various Government posts.

GATE 2023 Official Website

For further information on GATE 2023, visit the official link

https://gate.iitk.ac.in/index.html