Certificate courses in networking includes LINUX . LINUX is one of the most popular course in networking for LAN administration. CISCO certifications are CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE.
- Diploma in Computer Hardware and Networking
- Diploma in Computer Networking Technology (DCNT)
- Diploma in Computer Hardware Maintenance
- Advanced Diploma in Computer Hardware Maintenance and Networking
- BCA in Hardware and Networking
- B.Sc in Hardware and Networking
- M.Tech in Network Engineering
- Postgraduate Diploma in Hardware and Networking
- M.Sc in Hardware and Networking
One can easily make their career in Hardware and Networking field after completing B.Tech/B.E. or MCA courses in computer science engineering.
Candidates want to apply for several diploma or degree courses are required to pass higher secondary examination with Physics, Chemistry and Maths . Some institutions organise their own entrance exam for providing admission to bachelor degree programmes.
After the completion of B.Tech in computer science engineering, the aspirants can make their career in networking field. For advancement in the field or to gain expertise in networking, you can pursue M.tech.
Admission into the M.Tech programme is done through Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2020). It is the national level entrance test conducted once in a year. Candidates can also apply for IIT JAM 2020 and IIST 2020.
- One must at minimum, have a bachelor's degree in the computer engineering field.
- Graduates with electrical engineering may also be eligible.
- The Bachelor's degrees are usually sufficient for employment in, hardware engineering jobs.
- The large companies often require the job seeker to have a master's degree in computer engineering.
- Another important basis for selection is the work experience, which can be the decisive factor between candidates competing for a job.
- GATE 2020
|Starting of Registration||1st September 2019|
|Last date for the submission of duly filled application form||28th September 2019|
|Closing date for the submission of (Online) Application||5th October 2019|
|Availability of Mock tests||November 2019|
|Admit Card||3rd January 2020|
|Exam Date||1st, 2nd, 8th, 9th February 2020|
|Release of answer key||19th February 2020|
|Declaration of Results||16th March 2020|
|Release of the scorecard||20th March 2020 to 31st March 2020|
|Starting of the counselling process||1st week of April|
GATE 2020 New Changes Introduced
There are some new changes introduced for GATE 2020 . They are :
- The Candidates registered after May 31, 2013 for certification equivalent to B.E./B.Tech/B.Arch from any of the professional societies (IE, ICE, IETE, AeSI, IIChemE, IIM, IIE, etc) but meets other eligibility criteria, are also eligible to apply for GATE 2020. However, as the matter is subjudice, the eligibility of such candidates is subjected to further orders of the court.
- The entrance test of GATE 2020 was organized for 25 papers in total. A new paper of Bio-medical Engineering (BM) has been introduced in the syllabus.
- IIT Delhi has conducted the GATE 2020.
GATE 2020 Counselling
After GATE 2020 results will be announced, the selected candidates have to apply for admission in IITs separately. The Board will not conduct any centralised counselling for the admission of the qualified candidates.
For admission in M.Plan/ M.Tech/M.Arch programmes centralised counselling will be held for admission into all NITs and various centrally funded institutions. The counselling for the said programmes will start from the first week of April 2020.
During the GATE counselling process, the candidates have the opportunity to make choice of course and colleges as per their preference . As per the rank secured by the candidate in the exam, , availability of seats and category of candidates, seats will be allocated in various institutions for admission .
IIT JAM 2020
|Starting of Online Registration||5th September 2019|
|Last date for the submission of duly filled application form||9th October 2019|
|Admit Card Release||7th January 2020|
|Exam Date||9th February 2020|
|Release of answer key||20th February 2020|
|Declaration of Results||20th March 2020|
|Release of the scorecard||3rd April 2020 to 31st July 2020|
|Submission of application for admission|
9th-22nd April 2020
|Declaration of first admission list||1st June 2020|
IIT JAM Eligibility Criteria
- Age Limit: There is no age restriction.
- Nationality: Candidates belongs to Indian nationals and foreign nationals are eligible to apply for the exam.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate passed the qualifying exam with aggregate marks or CGPA/CPI (without rounding-off) with at least 55% or 5.5 out of 10 for General/OBC (NCL) category candidates (50% or 5.0 for SC/ST and PwD category candidates).
- Appearing Candidates: Final year candidates are eligible to apply.
IIT JAM 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of the exam comprises of following subjects, i.e. Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GC), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS) & Physics (PH).
IIT JAM 2020 Exam Pattern
The paper pattern will be different as per the courses opted by the students.
The exam pattern is as follows:
- Exam Mode: Online i.e. computer-based mode
- Session: Two sessions, i.e. 9:30 AM to 12:30 Noon & 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM
- Sections: The questions will be in three different patterns such as Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and Numerical Answer Type Questions (NAT)
- Duration: Three hours
- Medium: English only
- Number of Papers: Total of seven papers will be organised for JAM exam.
- Number of Questions: Total of 60 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking only in Section A.
IIT JAM 2020 Counselling
The qualifying candidates will be able to attend the IIT JAM Counselling. They will have to fill the admission form of IIT Jam 2020 to participate in the counselling. The first admission list will be available on 1st June 2020. The admission form will be available online on the website.
The admission fee for the candidates will be Rs. 600/-. The admission form provides the candidate to choose the courses in order of preference, percentage, category, qualification etc.
The admission form will be released from 9th-22nd April 2020.
The Candidates will have to carry the following original documents with photocopies at the time of admission. These documents include:
- 10th and 12th mark sheet and Certificates
- Category certificate
- Graduation degree
- Caste certificate
- Passport size photographs
- Transfer certificate
- Voter id or id proof.
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) offers admission in various UG, PG and Ph.D. programmes. It does not conduct any separate entrance exam to provide admission in any programme. Candidates are provided admission through JEST, JEE Advanced, GATE and UGC NET scores. Admission will be offered to the qualifying candidates in the field of Space Technology, Space science and Space fields. IIST 2020 UG Application form will be started from 25th May 2020 for UG courses and from second week of April 2020 for PG courses.
IIST 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The Candidates must fulfil the following IIST 2020 Eligibility criteria before filling the application form:
Nationality: Indian and NRI both candidates can apply.
For UG Courses:
Age Limit: General categories candidates should have been born on or after 1st October 1995. SC/ST/PWD candidates should have been born on or after 1st October 1990.
Qualifications: Candidates must pass 10+2 class from recognized board.
Marks Required: Candidates must secure minimum of 75% aggregate (65% for SC/ST) in their qualifying exam.
Scorecard: Candidates must have a valid score card of JEE Mains and JEE Advance 2020 exam.
For PG Courses:
Age Limit: Minimum age limit must be 32 years for General categories candidates. For SC/ST and PWD candidate age relaxation will be provided as per the government of India.
Qualifications: Candidates must pass B.Tech/ B.E. /M.S. /M.Sc. degree from any recognized university.
Marks Required: Candidates must secure minimum of 60% aggregate in their qualifying examination.
Scorecard: Candidates must have a valid score card of UGC NET/GATE/JEST exams.
For Ph.D. Courses:
Age Limit: Candidates age must be 35 years.
Qualification: Candidates must have PG degree from any recognized university.
IIST 2020 Application Dates
For UG Courses:
Events Dates 2020
Starting of online application : 25th May 2020
Last date of application submission : 12th June 2020
For PG Courses:
Events Dates 2020 (Tentative)
Starting of online application: 2nd week of April
Last date of application submission : 4th week of April
Some renowned companies that recruits hardware and networking professionals are:
- Intel Corporation
- Acer India(Pvt) Ltd
The increased use of computers, laptops, mobiles, and internet in government and private organisations increases the requirement of hardware and networking professionals. There are huge career opportunities and jobs in the field of computer hardware and networking.Companies involved in hardware manufacturing, software development, system design requires professionals who are well-versed in this field.
Network administrators and Hardware professionals are required in IT and web hosting companies.
One can also opens his own hardware repair shops after gaining knowledge and experience in this field.