High School days are over. Once you step into the college, everything changes. It’s like nothing you’ve ever experienced before.
1. High school is Mandatory whereas College is voluntary: In the high school, you have to buy books otherwise teacher won’t let you in. In the college, ‘eBooks’ replace ‘books’. You can’t skip a class in the school. It’s compulsory to attend classes. In college you can bunk. You are supposed to follow each and every rule in the high school but in the college rules don’t matter.
2. Extracurricular activities: In the High school you need permission to participate in extracurricular activities. In the college, you can participate whenever and wherever you want. Extracurricular activity is like a cherry on the top of your resume. The more you participate, the more you learn.
3. Teachers: Usually teachers in the high school checks the home works and carefully monitors the attendance. In the college, teachers take attendance formally and don’t bother to check or grade assignment properly. Our high school teachers share their knowledge and guide your thinking process. In college, your professors present information and expect you to synthesize data and come up with conclusions.
4. Tests: Tests are frequently held in the high school whereas in the college tests are infrequent. Questions in the test in the high school are from the syllabus. In the college, questions are generally out of syllabus.
5. Schedule: In the high school, a proper schedule is followed. You never expect a substitute teacher or extra period. In the college, even though there is a timetable, teachers usually are late. They often announce extra classes.
6. Infrastructure and facilities: Generally infrastructure in the college is way better than the high school. However, Exceptions are there. In terms of facilities, High schools and colleges are incomparable. Many Colleges offer free WIFI, free counselling and bill payment centre. These facilities are not offered by the high schools.